Supporting our local community
We sit at the intersection of faith and life in our community. Being hospitable is not just something that we do, it is an assignment we have been given by Christ himself. We host an array of events for adults, children and youth in the community. We provide meeting space for social and benevolent clubs. We minister to those in need in our community. Our services, gatherings and educational opportunities are open to all who seek experiences to connect to Christ and be inspired to serve.
- Community Partners of HOPE: non-profit 501 (c) (3) educating our community about topics such as addiction, human trafficking, food insecurity, and cybersafety, Parenting workshops. We support the annual Grains of Hope (which originated out of FRC) event which brings together over 1,000 people from 15 community organizations to package over 150,000 meals each year. Since inception, over 1 million meals have been packaged.
- Pequannock Township Food Pantry – We provide space and resources to the food pantry which feeds on average 90 families a month in our township.
- Pompton Plains Preschool - preschool and pre-K programs tailored to fit the developmental, social and educational needs of students. They operate out of our buildings.
- CARES (Center for Addiction Recovery, Education and Support) – a pop-up counseling center located in our offices.
Providing space for:
- Boy Scouts of Northern NJ
- Girl Scouts of Northern NJ
- Toastmaster International
- Chilton Hospital Alzheimer Support Group
- Suburban Women’s Club
- Women’s Hands in Mission (WHIM) is dedicated to advancing social justice by empowering women to live their faith through service
- Furniture storage for refugees
- Local disaster relief efforts
- AA 12 step groups, Northern New Jersey Intergroup, Inc.
- “Daily Reprieve” (7 am M-F)
- Monday 1 PM
- Tuesday Women’s Group (5:30 Grace Chapel)
- Thursday 7 PM & 8 PM “Thursday Night Group of Pompton Plains”
- Friday 7 PM “Al-Anon”
- Saturday 9:30 AM “Bring Your Own Book”
- Saturday 11 AM “As Bill Sees It”
- AA District 10 (area events hosted here)