The First Reformed Church of Pompton Plains
529 Newark Pompton Turnpike
The First Reformed Church (FRC) of Pompton Plains is a historic, open and accepting church with an intergenerational congregation of active and contributing members that is known for its outreach and mission in the surrounding area and beyond. Our newly renovated campus welcomes many community groups in our versatile space and is considered an integral part of our middle class, suburban town.
In recognition that pastors often find themselves stretched beyond their capacity and/or primary gifts, we are seeking a co-pastor. While each pastor focuses on primary areas of responsibility, both pastors collaborate and lead equally from their respective areas of passion and giftedness.
The position for Pastor of Worship, Care and Strategic Leadership will ideally be filled by an individual who is:
- A dynamic and inspirational preacher that engages people of all ages and levels of spiritual maturity in Biblically based worship and praise to God.
- A visionary who leads the creation of a culture where the church mission, vision and goals are collaboratively embraced to encourage spiritual and congregational growth
- A pastor who can develop and implement an effective communication strategy including social media and technology
- A pastor who can develop and maintain a system for the recruitment, training, deployment, and empowerment of lay leaders for service
- A pastor who ensures that people of all ages receive care through personal connection and social interaction
- A leader who can create a culture of faithful stewardship, generosity and opportunity
If interested in this position, please submit a resume or questions to:
Pete Crefeld, search team lead