A few people have asked me to share the verses that I used in my sermon from November 1st, 2015.
Our text for the sermon was John 3:23-30 (NRSV). The key verse that I focused on was John 3:30.
"He must increase, but I must decrease." - John 3:30 (NRSV)
I used two other verses as well. Micah 6:8 and Jeremiah 29:7.
- Micah 6:8 (NIV) - "He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
- Jeremiah 29:7(NRSV) - "But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare."
- Where have you seen Christ this week? In a friend or relative? Through a song or story?
- Do you think that you missed any opportunities to bless someone this week?
- How could next week be better than this week? What would progress look like for you?